The R30 Fire Door System results from a journey of listening. A journey started by listening to the wish-list of a highly respected London Housing Association with 40,000 plus property portfolio.
Architect led, the housing Association asked for a fire rated doorset designed to assist the less able using the Rutland door closer with a slide arm and controlled closing and latch action. The door closer was to be fitted overhead out of reach of children’s fingers to reduce risk associated with finger trap injuries. The entire doorset must be fire tested using multipoint locks, and identical doorsets security tested to PAS 24. The system must be low maintenance due to limited budget, and returning to the days of decorating costs associated with painted doors and frames was not an option. This wish-list is now reality with the new R30 Fire Door System.
Further testing in October 2018 achieved successful fire testing bidirectionally (both orientations), and in November 2018 further successful pass to EN1634.
Tested to the highest standards and third party certificated. Designed through listening.
R30 Fire Door System is independently and successfully tested by UKAS accredited bodies to the
- EN 1634-1:2014 fire resistance tested bi-directionally with 10%+ over runs
- EN 1634-3:2004 smoke leakage
- BS 6375-1:2015 weather tightness
- BS 6375-2:2009 performance of Windows and Doors operation and strength tested
- Fully Patent Pending
- PAS 24:2016 Enhanced Security and Performance W18332
- Highly durable against weather, vandalism and crime
- 10 year guarantee on the frame and slab
- 5 year guarantee on the hardware
- Solid timber core door leaf and frame for consistent fire protection
Contact us for more details – 01246 261491